Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:58 CET
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:57 CET
Improved the way of working by helping shaping the technical vision and business processes for a good match for several accounts.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:56 CET
Software Engineering Practices Trainings.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:55 CET
Helped in finishing up the Belgacom Bill Viewer application for public consumption.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:48 CET
E-business platform stabilization.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:46 CET
Intranet and audio/video podcasting solutions.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:45 CET
Created a top notch web presence for MC Properties, a luxury home real estate agent.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:44 CET
Helped in getting an accurate view of the state of the roads of Brussels by:
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:43 CET
Curtailing delivery time for a data collection application.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:41 CET
Helped in putting a large ailing project back on track.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:40 CET
Improvement of the way of working for the STIR project.
Published Wed 15 of Feb, 2012 23:39 CET
Improvement of the way of working for the DI for the RA (Requirements Analysis) and FD (Functional Design) disciplines
Published Wed 24 of Nov, 2010 16:03 CET
Improvement of the way of working for the Belgian ID card integration team
Improvement of the way of working and curtailing delivery time for a large software project.
Valtech > European Commission (various DGs)
Improved the way of working and the specification authoring performance by:
- Identifying specific requirements for the teams that were going to perform system modelling
- Successfully crafting and delivering a custom made course on how to do system modelling and using Sparx Enterprise Architect
Tools: Sparx Enterprise Architect
Orsys France > Tomcat Administration Course
Made clear the ways to leverage the ))Open-Source(( Tomcat server for real-life production grade deployments resulting in large savings in application server costs for several attendees.
Keywords & Tools: Tomcat 5.5, JMeter, load balancers, LDAP, Sun One Directory Server, Clustering, JDBC Clustering, ))MySql((, HTTPS, Authorization and Authentication, Certificates, TCP/IP, Web applications, Valves, High Availability, Windows, Linuxâ€¦
Orsys France > Object Oriented Analysis and Design Courses
Helped shifting the paradigm of numerous people to Object Oriented thinking in a successful way.
Tools: Rational Rose
Orsys France > Web development with Java
Helped trainees to acquire the basics for developing web apps with Java.
Tools & Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Taglibs, XML, XSD, DOM, Tomcat, ))MySQL((, SSL, JEE
Orsys > CalataÃ¿ & Wouters
Improved way of working and associated performance by:
- Conducting several trainings on how to put the UML in practice
- Conducting several trainings on how to use Sparx EA tools
Tools & Technologies: UML, Sparx Enterprise Architect
STIME > Web Platform review and benchmarking
STIME is the IT branch of Groupe IntermarchÃ©.
Curtained the delivery time by:
- Providing solid advice on the customer platform shortcomings and proposing new ways.
- Implemented the new ways successfully and replacing the old ways.
- Benchmarking against the old platform and achieving a factor of improvement in speed and scalability of a minimum of 5 to 10 times.
Tools & Technologies Used: UML, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Java, SimpleORM, Tomcat, Websphere, JSP
Trionis > Web Site
Delivered the trionis.com under very short deadlines.
Tools & Technologies: ))TikiWiki(( Open Source CMS, PHP, MySQL, Apache
European Savings Banks Group > Membership directory web site
Delivered the membership directory website in close coordination with the communication & marketing department.
Leveraged heavy up front prototyping for the site, allowing the business side of the equation to have a very significant share in the process.
Tools & Technologies: FLiP, Fusebox, ASP.NET, Flash, Access
Eufiserv > Website / Intranet / Newsletter / Forums
Delivered various internet-based systems to help with communication.
Tools & Technologies: ASP, Access, SQL Server, PHP, MySQL, Newsletter Ease
MAT > Technical Interfaces Programming
Curtained delivery time by developing interfaces to industrial weighing devices for weighing trucks.
Tools & Technologies: Microsoft Visual Studio, COM components developed in Visual C++, ATL
Netika > Methodology training and consulting
- Helped the client leverage object oriented approaches in their work.
- Helped the client think about his new product line with an improved formalism.
- Helped the client model his new systems with the UML.
Tools & Technologies Used: Sparx Enterprise Architect, Oracle, UML
Former Employer > Belgacom
- Helped in shaping the access to all backend systems in an integrated fashion, significantly driving the integration costs down.
- Helped in improving the availability of a lot of applications through measurement of problems and root cause finding.
- Helped in aligning teams by defining and implementing common ways of working, shared team missions, causing the software engineering maturity to move up significantly.
- Helped in making the company leverage the emerging Java technology by deploying the NetDynamics platform in an operational setup.
Managed to turn around a potential dismal disaster into a successful delivery by :
- putting in place an agile development process
- automating the build and release process
- making the quality of the software better by order of magniture by using sound architectural practices
- making the same team work nicely together
- putting testing procedures in place
Helped the NATO NIDS make its choice of CMS based on their requirements by:
- delivering a comparative study of the leading CMSes of the time
- defined all content items and their relationships in a content model, based on the specific requirements of NATO
- prototyped the user interface experience as part of the HCI group
- running series of workshops with the client to share the vision
- examined the performance requirements in order to propose a technical architecture
Tools & Technolgies Used: Mediasurface, Documentum, Vignette and other CMSes, PHP, Sitellite, UML, Sparx Enterprise Architect
Former Employer > Digiline
- Designed, implemented and deployed the next generation interactive voice response systems sold by the company.
- Led the technical team and implemented Object Oriented approaches in order to rationalize the development methods, cutting the development time of solutions by at least a factor of 10.
- Delivered voice-mail systems based on the technology.
- Delivered over the phone games based on the technology.
- Delivered phone banking IVR systems based on the technologies for La Poste, Banque Generale du Luxembourg and others.
- Delivered a large installation of the technology for Ring Ring Company, a leading IVR provider in Belgium (systems that were delivered in 1993 ran in production until 2000).
- Delivered one of the first CTI-enabled platform for Skynet, including document fax back, custom headset hardware, presence registration and planning.
Tools & Technologies Used: Symantec C++, Multi-C threading library, full family of Dialogic and Gammafax cards. Performed integrations with leased lines for voice multiplexing, integration with client backend systems (mainframes, AS/400s, ...), TCP/IP stack, soldering iron and some electronics.
Formed Employer > Digipass | Vasco Data Security
- Helped customers implement the Digipass technology.
- Helped in knowledge transfer to Vasco Data Security USA.
- Helped in visualizing new products by prototyping them in software.
Tools & Technologies Used : C, Visual Basic, DES, RSA, Digipass cryptography